Monday, August 15, 2011

Why do you hate American cars?

I'm just wondering why some people trash American cars. There are a lot of myths out there, mostly outdated, that anything from Ford, GM or Chrysler is garbage. I disagree with this. My 1998 Mustang is at 139,000 on the original engine and transmission with no problems. My mom's 1995 Taurus is almost at 200,000 with no problems. There are 5 other American cars in my family over 100,000 that run perfectly. We hang on to our cars, maintain them properly, and they run forever. As for new car fuel economy, the Focus gets better mpg than the non-hybrid Civic and Nissan Sentra. Escape gets better mpg than Rav4. Cobalt gets better mpg than Yaris. Ford has been racking up lots of gains in JD Powers quality ratings lately. They had more top rated vehicles than Toyota in 2007. Honda claims to be most fuel efficient company in America; what a crock that is! They don't sell any large SUV's or pickups, so that's a pretty empty boast. So why do people flock to the foreign brands? I don't care if their cars are made in the USA by Americans, the money goes to Japan, which makes them Japanese vehicles. Does it make Americans feel good to trash American companies and watch them die a slow death while you buy Toyota? Yes I have owned Honda, Nissan and Hyundai, they are nothing special. I like my Mustang way better. Can you give me a rational, logical reason you prefer foreign brands, without resorting to 80's myths and/or name calling? Backing it up with facts is a huge plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment