Thursday, August 11, 2011

Does my 2 year old have Aspergers Syndrome?

My son was recently diagnosed with Aspergers. He also had NO delay in speech and spoke in full sentences before he was two. What clued us in first was his rage. He would have longer than expected tantrums and usually over something very small. He cannot handle failing at any task and yet insists on doing things on his own. It is hard when they are two though because the terrible two's can be a very trying time. My son also has texture issues with food and clothing. He makes eye contact but cannot hold it for the duration of a conversation. If he is playing with his toys he will not look up at you if you ask him something. My son has voice issues. His is not the more common higher pitched but rather a very raspy voice you would expect on an aging gentleman. My son repeats his words or last syllables of words. He has the constant need to be talking at all times. The older the child is the easier some of these are to identify because they are still being taught the social aspects of life. My son must always know where we are going and must be prepared for every change in routine. These are just a few things that we run into on a daily basis. I hope perhaps this may help you in some way. Early intervention is very helpful so by seeking advice early you are already a step ahead. If you wish you may contact me via my email if I can help you any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment